I read Hay House Tarot card reader/creator Radleigh Valentine’s new book, “How to Be Your Own Genie: Manifesting the Magical Life You Were Born to Live.”
I love the book cover for How to be your own Genie!
This is a sponsored post, meaning if you follow this link and buy the new Radleigh Valentine book on the Hay House website, I get a little money! I didn’t get the book for free, so I could use the money 😉
The book is a fun read, great as a gift or to flip through when you need a little pick me up! If you don’t know who Radleigh is, he’s best friends with Doreen Virtue! So some of the info is the same as the “old” Doreen Virtue, like “Don’t let anything dull your sparkle.” He is super flamboyant and eccentric, like a Broadway or Vegas showman. He always wears a very sparkly suit coat and sometimes sparkly shoes to match! It’s funny because I live in Vegas now and I was walking through the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood and saw suits like the ones he wears – very sparkly with giant rhinestones – and I thought, maybe this is where Radleigh buys his outfits? Haha.
I LOVE writing notes, so I took 4 whole pages of notes on this book! I think that is way to looooong for this blog post, so I typed them up as a pdf file you can download and read or print. There is lots of good information in the book, but most of it you’ve heard before.
I hadn’t known much about Radleigh Valentine:
- grew up gay in The South (not easy)
- is part Cherokee Indian (very cool – I wish I was part Native American!)
- after college, worked as a boring accountant
- started doing Tarot card readings and loved it
- looked up the Hay House authors and met Doreen Virtue at a live event
- started working as a helper to Doreen and became best friends
He decided he wanted to be a Hay House author, too, and voila! Here he is! Radleigh is very active on social media, especially Facebook Live, if you want to follow him.
Here’s the table of contents from his book, “How to Be Your Own Genie”:
I like a lot of the words on this page: magic, magical, genie, love, joy and wishes!
At first glance, I thought Radleigh’s book would be about Genies, which is a specific realm that Doreen Virtue described in her Realm Reader course. Genies are a type of spiritual person who lives in or loves the desert! They are associated with flowing, gauzy outfits in the colors of the sunset, precious gemstones and a sunny disposition! They have lots of friends and are great networkers. Being a Genie, they are great at making money! But Radleigh doesn’t talk about this sort of Genie in his book. (I am working on writing about Genies and other spiritual types of people.) Instead, Radleigh says each of us has magical powers, like a Genie. He is talking about using positive energy to bring into your life what you want.
Radleigh Valentine believes in:
- getting signs from angels like feathers or the number 444 (I always see 111)
- feng shui (de-cluttering and organizing your house)
- choosing a magical word or song to keep your spirits up (Mine is “Fame.”)
- asking your body what it wants to be healthy*
- automatic writing
- getting rid of Drama Queens in your life (he calls them Drama Masters)
- not dwelling on your past or having regrets
- using happy thoughts/positive emotions to attract good things
* I did this and it worked! Sit down with pen and paper and ask your body what it needs to be healthy. Do “automatic writing” which means just keep writing down whatever comes up. My body said it wants a gentle energy. I was expecting something specific, like a meal plan! This makes sense, though, as I’m very sensitive to energy. Right now, I’m living in Vegas and it’s VERY LOUD here. So, I can see why this came up as an issue for my body. I spend a lot of time here trying to relax and loosen up my tight muscles –> joint pain.
Love this inner page to the Genie book. Cute sparkles! Great typography on “Genie.”
Want to buy this book? It’s available as both an ebook (for the Kindle and other devices) and a paperback. See it on the Hay House website here.