The Summer Solstice (June 21st) got me thinking about the rest of the year. 2017 is half over! How are your goals coming along? I am disappointed that I didn’t make more inroads into being a metaphysical writer/personality, basically the next Doreen Virtue! This is VERY FUNNY because during this time Doreen came out as a born-again Christian! So, she is not a New Age goddess anymore 😦 She is even selling her goddess dresses on eBay! This has taken the wind out of my sales as far as promoting the New Age. Is the whole movement going up in smoke? In a freakish way, I sorta foresaw Doreen’s switch to being all-Jesus, all-the-time. In January, I wrote a blog post titled, “Jesus and Mary’s Popularity Boom.” I wrote about how I was seeing people online turn away from being New Age to embrace born-again Christianity. I AM SO TUNED IN. LOLz.
So, what did I predict back in January in my blog post about 2017, the Year of the Fire Rooster?
Predictions that happened!
- I wrote about the Rooster symbolizing the top-tier CEO who flaunts his success. So we shouldn’t have all been surprised that Trump won the election!
- Ruffled feathers, but no real war. Kim Jung-Un’s missile test provocations in North Korea. Putin’s bombing runs in Syria clashing with US military planes.
- The Phoenix. A symbol of a more spiritual community rising from the ashes of society. YES! Society is changing rapidly: healthcare for all, gay rights, legalizing marijuana, global warming/stopping pollution, rights of animals not to be exploited in circuses/trophy hunting, women’s rights marches. Of course, these issues are all part of a tug-of-war! It’s 2 steps forward and 1 step back.
- Fires and explosions. The super disturbing fire at London’s Grenfell Tower just happened. We could include Kim Jong-Un’s missile tests as explosions/explosive firepower? Lots of wildfires, like last year. Earlier this week, I could barely breathe because of smoke here from a fire in UTAH. And I live in COLORADO!
- More alternative medicine => medicinal marijuana (and recreational) now legal in more states.
- Dramatic fashions like winged eyeliner and glitter.
- Veganism continues to be a rising trend.
- Lots of weddings and babies? My cousin did get married in Denver. It sounds like Prince Harry will get engaged later this year. Can’t think of any big celebrity weddings. Beyonce’s twins are getting a lot of press.
- Success through detailed planning and careful spending? Did that happen for you? I’m feeling unsuccessful at the moment 😦
Didn’t happen. YET.
- Explosions like a dirty bomb or natural gas explosions.
- Terrorist attack or big accident involving trains/subways and maybe bridges.
- Economic downturn in US and UK.