Doreen Virtue Bombshell: Now a Christian promoting Jesus

Yesterday on her HayHouse Radio show, Doreen Virtue announced that she is a newly baptized Christian! She grew up in a Christian church, but never got baptized because that church didn’t do baptisms – only christenings. She goes to church every week in Hawaii and had an intense vision of Jesus in church, prompting her to get baptized. She wants to add more Jesus into her metaphysical work. Not sure if she is part of a “born again” Bible-thumping church or something less strict (she didn’t reveal what denomination of Christianity she joined). She said she’ll still work with angels, but she is going to change what she does to be more Christian and more about Jesus.

Oddly, one of the metaphysical healers I follow on Facebook just became a born-again Christian, also! She stopped doing Tarot card readings. Now, she is posting Bible quotes. Must be something in the air…. Likewise, Doreen said she will not be doing prophecy or making predictions. This affects her weekly and yearly card readings on YouTube. These will be changed to something without predictions – more like inspirational counseling with oracle cards (since she sells Tarot cards herself I think she will keep using them – hers have angels on them and aren’t the traditional deck that people complain is too dark/evil). Doreen will now end her videos with a Bible quote or a story about Jesus, etc.  I thought her predictive card reading for the year of 2017 was really good ;( so I’m surprised she is going to stop doing yearly predictions just when the world is getting really interesting!

I was laughing a bit because Doreen said she tried MANY different churches in Hawaii before finding this unnamed one that she got baptized in. I, too, have tried a lot of Christian churches and haven’t stuck with any of them! All churches have dogma/rules and all seem quite concerned with taking your money/donations, IMO. I think part of the New Age is the church falling in popularity and being abolished. The message Jesus had for people (hidden in the lost books of the Bible) was about ending Jewish traditions and rules and finding God within YOURSELF. Did Jesus start a church during his 30-plus years on Earth? Noooooooooo. I don’t even think the idea that Peter was told to start a church (be the rock) is correct. Psychic Sylvia Browne said this passage in the Bible was actually a diss against Peter, who later betrayed Jesus by pretending not to know him when things got dangerous. “Being the rock” meant being dense, like not too smart or spiritually advanced.

Doreen told listeners she will be changing some of her previously published books and card decks. She mentioned the Archangels and Ascended Masters book (my 2nd favorite book of hers after Divine Magic)! And the card deck that goes with it, Ascended Masters Oracle Cards. She will be taking out some of the deities she wrote about and created cards for. The book and card deck will then be re-issued. So which ascended masters get cut???  I think she will keep all the archangels and saints. She said she will still be promoting angels.

The last time I woke up in the middle of the night, I flipped through Archangels and Ascended Masters and found 2 new guides to follow: Ishtar and Lu-Hsing. Ishtar is a sexy goddess (search for my post about her in the search window) and Lu-Hsing helps you get a new job (if you didn’t see my post, I got on Doreen’s radio show a couple weeks ago and she told me I’d get a new environmental job sooooon! Actually, she said by the end of last month, which didn’t happen, but I understand that psychics aren’t 100 per cent accurate 😉 I’m thinking I will get the job by the end of THIS month.) The only god/goddess I would delete is Kali, the destructive Hindu goddess. I’ve never liked the idea of praying/meditating to a destructive force! If she takes out all the non-Christian ones, that’ll be about half the book! I wonder if she will take out Ashtar, the commander of spaceships. He is one of the few alien things she has talked about.

Doreen briefly mentioned fairies and said some are good and some are bad. Uh-oh, maybe some of the Celtic goddesses in Archangels and Ascended Masters will be getting the axe? As a woman, I like that there are goddesses in New Age spirituality 🙂

Doreen told us she’s made a lot of money for various companies and now she wants to think more about what SHE wants to work on, and not be pushing so much product. So far, she announced a new angel course about the history of angels in the Bible. And she has a new Jesus app for your phone. I’m wondering how much she will change the focus of her work and make it Christian?

To me, promoting Jesus is going backwards. I personally am impressed with Jesus. Growing up Catholic, I though about him a lot. I think he is great as far as his healing abilities and his kindness. I see him as a hippie-like friend, very easygoing and nice, with the 1970s long hair and maybe a kaftan robe with a beaded sandalwood cross necklace. He just oozes a nice friend vibe. Read my mini book on Amazon, What Jesus Wants to Tell Us Today by Ellen Auchter for more of my thoughts on him! But I think there are higher level lights/beings that New Agers can work with. Just last weekend, I took an online webinar by friends of the seer Almine. They said the white light we worked with is HIGHER than the golden light of Jesus. This means it’s vibrating at a higher frequency and is even more powerful! I believe it. I also think some of the Atlantean light/teachings/beings are on a higher level than Jesus (sorry, Jesus!).

What do you think?

Advertisements

26 thoughts on “Doreen Virtue Bombshell: Now a Christian promoting Jesus

1. Shaheen Miro says:

I am really fascinated by this whole Doreen Virtue thing… I felt like what you wrote here could be what Doreen is actually going through… “Psychic Sylvia Browne said this passage in the Bible was actually a diss against Peter, who later betrayed Jesus by pretending not to know him when things got dangerous. “Being the rock” meant being dense, like not too smart or spiritually advanced.” Were things getting a little too much for Doreen to be a free agent working for good… maybe she felt she needed to align with a more directed philosophy? I do think going the Christian route is going backwards a bit… at least in the traditional context. I’ve always liked the idea of Christ Consciousness… connecting with the deeper message of Jesus… finding the Divine within. Which was exactly the thing she was sharing before.

• Ellen Auchter says:

I think she must have some personal problems to switch to “the world may be ending and everyone needs to get saved now”! She is slowly changing everything on her Facebook page to Jesus and God and her online radio program this week was too Jesus-y for me. A caller was almost in ecstasy talking about Jesus and her visions of him and just about every caller wanted the Jesus deck! I think Doreen is way too into the Doomsday, fear-based church stuff. I finally deleted the other fairy person on Facebook who also became born-again. she posted that New Age and Halloween stuff are from the Devil. she was throwing out all her oracle cards. maybe psychics are feeling stressed about possible WW3 with North Korea or Syria or ISIS?

• Shaheen Miro says:

What a shock this all is. As someone who works in a similar context I just cannot imagine going into that darkness. It feels so fear-based and corrosive. Sadly, I do think that some sensitive people crack under the pressure, and I cannot imagine being someone like her that works in such a high profile way. The energy and desperation that is sent her way daily is probably a lot to handle. I don’t think I will be following her anymore… not that I was ever a huge follower, but I respected what she was teaching and found some value in it… especially the simplicity that made it accessible for people starting their journey. Most people who have followed her in the past will not be able to separate her change of heart from her work… but I will definitely keep her past stuff in my library. I wonder if there is something cosmically happening that is drawing people back in… it feels like the restraints of Christianity and religion have been loosening and now they are pulling people back in again. Personally, I haven’t had these conversations with my clients… but there seems to be a trend. I guess it all comes down to fear.

Liked by 1 person

2. Elizabeth Tavella says:

I am a bit confused now with all this back and forth of opinions. I was raised a Catholic and later on in life I was interested in all that I could get a hand on for my spiritual growth. I came upon Doreen Virtue last year when my father died and absolutely loved her teachings which helped me get through when this happendTthe fact the she never used fear to talk about God or that you where fallen if you did this or that. I do believe that one must have a righteous path in life so you won’t fall off the wagon and get hurt in your day to day. I believe there is Good and Evil and we should just be careful what we do. Just as we attract the Positive the Negative finds its way..

• Ellen Auchter says:

I’ve praised Doreen on this blog over the years for talking about Jesus when a lot of New Agers will only call him “Sananda” or will only talk about the “Universal Spirit” or something vague and non-Christian like that. But liking Jesus and being born-again are two different things! Every week she is changing her Facebook page and weekly video messages to be more and more Jesus-only. She very rarely uses the word “meditation” anymore. You’ll see she says “prayer” instead. So, now meditating is bad??? Meditation is really the cornerstone of being a metaphysical person, I think. That’s how you connect to the Other Side and get messages. It’s supposed to be much more personal and not a one-way street like rote prayers can be. The last weekly video she did showed her sitting in a field with a big Bible on her lap. How much more Christian is she going to get? And she was wearing a HUGE cross necklace. Is she going to crossover and be the next Joel Osteen?

3. Debbie A Anderson says:

I just heard about the Doreen Virtue’s 360 turn around and wonder (without any judgement) if this has anything to do with her stepping back from less public life via Hay House to more taking her in her own direction. It does sadden me to hear the “Queen of angel cards” dismissing light workers and the amazing work they do in exchange for Jesus… especially now, when we are now being accepted for the work we do in our world. Prayers, meditation, are all just words allowing acceptance based on spiritual/religious beliefs. I have to wonder if this new found direction will have Doreen giving back $$$ to her fans who have made her who she is today, especially with her re-writing some of the many decks she has created to make them more Jesus/Christian acceptable… or maybe this is a new untapped avenue to collate even more revenue? As I share, this is without judgement, but it does make you wonder.

• Ellen Auchter says:

I thought about that, too! She mentioned several times on her HayHouse radio show how hard it was for her to stop touring the country and it was a big life change. Maybe her ego took a hit. Interesting that she is now letting her hair go gray and selling off her goddess dresses. It’s like she was a different person then. Now, she is a frumpy farmhand at her rescue ranch! Which also sends some red flags to me because she is rescuing sooooo many animals that I fear she is an obsessed hoarder. She said awhile ago on her radio show that neighbors complained at her old house about her having more pets than zoning allowed. Every time I watched her weekly video, it was different cats and dogs and birds than in the last one. She often mentioned that she had just gotten another cat/dog/bird that week. That’s one of the reasons they moved. Now they are taking in all kinds of farm animals and it sounds like they just buy them in bulk at the slaughter auctions. They have like 40 full-size meat pigs who are now having baby pigs and they are going to neuter and keep all of them! Which is sweet, but does she really have the money to feed all of these animals for years and years?

• Debbie A Anderson says:

Thank you Ellen. I think the answer to your question about “money” is she has it covered I am sure from her years and years of angel work, tours, courses in her “former” life. I just find it a little self placating that in her latest videos she talks continuously about “saving” the animals. Most people who do philanthropic work, don’t feel a need to keep telling everyone about the wonderful work they do. Again, this is without judgement… but maybe seeing what she is doing now will “wake” us up to “needing” someone to follow. The guru is within us all…always has been (smile).

• Ellen Auchter says:

UPDATE: This week, in her weekly oracle reading now called divinely inspired messages (oracle is now a bad word!), Doreen said the pigs will be available for adoption. People living in Hawaii can adopt one as a pet. This makes me feel a little better 😉

• Denise says:

She has been selling her clothing on eBay as a way to raise funds to feed the animals and periodically puts her courses on her site ( not Hay House) on sale as well to raise money in an effort to feed the ever growing population of animals. 🤔

4. advanced says:

I liked Doreen and faithfully listened to her show every week, this whole Christian thing I may have to find an alternative show. The Christian perspective on things is not going to be impartial. — Nothing against christians.

5. Bonnie Mary says:

Yayyyy. I love it. Good on you Doreen. Stand up for what you believe in. We each are individuals and if you are improving your work and found a better way today then you did yesterday, that is growth. I sure am glad you aren’t a people pleaser. I don’t like absolutely all of your products, but a lot of them have really helped me be, I believe, to be a kinder, wiser and more assertive person.I don’t like absolutely everything about my best friends either, we may dress differently, eat different food, have different beliefs and religions, but it doesn’t change my love and admiration for them. Difference does not mean wrong as long as the basic foundation is love and kindness. Judge not that we be not judged. Live and let live and keep sharing the love in the way you feel called. We each shine our lights differently…. thank God, Goodness, Love, Jesus…. whatever and whoever you want to call Love. You rock Doreen, and as you know there will always be gnashers when we do something different. Talking about Jesus is different and will never win any popularity, and I say good on you for standing up for what you believe in, knowing it would lose you popularity. I am glad to see that is not what you are about, ie being popular. As some wise person said, “you can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.” When we stand up for our truth in love, it is expected we will get opposition.

• Ellen Auchter says:

I think Doreen is verrrrry aware of her popularity. She started tightly monitoring comments on her Facebook page BEFORE she announced she’s born-again Christian, so no one can give contrary opinions. She knows all the other born-agains will love her. Those Jesus-loves-me-too posts are allowed on her page. And I get the feeling its her husband who became born-again first, and she is following along meekly. I am all for following Jesus (a great healer!) or being Christian if that’s what you want, but the born-again segments of Christianity are an EXTREMIST religion. They recognize no other religions as being legitimate and are still trying convert Indians in the South American jungles to the “right religion” = theirs. They fear and degrade native shamanism, Halloween (witches!), and followers of Mohammed/Islam.

6. Debbie A Anderson says:

I like to use the word spirituality rather than religion. Spirituality places the emphasis on the well-being of the mind-body-spirit connection. Sadly, in many cases religion is about organized doctrine – which not a judgement. In it’s true definition it is “the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods-commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance”, which works for some people. As I often share, if something works for you, it is not for another to bring about that change, it is for you to discover it and either embrace it or not. What I get a little niggled about is when someone who has followed a pathway for many years, then TELLS another that it is wrong, because THEY have now chosen to change direction. The Crusades, sanctioned by the church killed in the name of God thousands of years ago and that still happens today in some religions. I want to have that FREEDOM to choose, just like Doreen Virtue has done. I don’t deny her new direction, what upsets me is her telling the rest of us that it is wrong not to be Christian. So yes, she will have many disliking this, including me. Her choice on her new direction was hers… so allow us all the same grace without judgement Doreen!!

• Ellen Auchter says:

Usually very spiritual people are VERY openminded! So it’s weird that Doreen has gone backwards and joined in with the Jesus people. I’m sure she’ll be pressured to stop talking about fairies, using Tarot and oracle cards, etc. I even find it problematic that a lot of her male Hay House author friends are gay… what are her new church friends going to say about that?!

7. Mysticaltyger says:

I hadn’t watched Doreen’s videos in a while but I recently started watching them again a think her bigger emphasis on Jesus is a good thing. Sorry, I have to disagree with you about their being higher beings than Jesus. I think there’s a lot of deception when it comes to spiritual things, so I’d watch out for that. I think a lot of New Age people are sincere but deceived. I know that’s true for a lot of Christians, too. Christianity has become corrupted, for sure. But I think the New Age movement replaces one kind of corruption with another. I also wouldn’t quote Sylvia Browne. Sorry, but she was a proven fraud many times.

I recently have put more emphasis on Jesus myself. I guess I’m sort of bron again, although I hesitate to use that word because of the bible thumping connotation / stereotype.

I say, if you haven’t fully and completely given Jesus a chance, please just try it. By that I don’t necessarily mean going to church. I mean praying with your whole heart, mind, and soul. I think you’ll notice a difference.

• Ellen Auchter says:

I have given Jesus many, many chances! LOL. I grew up Catholic. I do love Jesus, but I think he was just ONE prophet/healer that came to Earth. There are so many others: Buddha, Mohammed, Moses. Some of the Catholic saints and Indian gurus are probably at the same level. I have met healers who definitely have the power to heal. John of God in Brazil is a Jesus-level healer, IMO. Being Jesus-only negates the whole feminine side of spirituality and power. The New Age is supposed to balance that and bring in more feminine power.

8. Heather says:

Hi. I just literally found out last night that Doreen Virtue had a complete change of heart after I attempted to watch one of her new videos on Youtube. One of the first differences I took note of was in the title section. She no longer refers to them as Angel Messages for the week, but rather it is toned down to Divine Guidance messages for the Week? Okay. Didn’t read too much of that until I started listening. The first change I encountered was in her tone and style regarding how she spoke of God. Instead of feeling like I was a part of this loving force, I felt like I was being preached at with these undertones to ‘obey God or else.’ Very fear & controlled based energy I was picking up on. Then the “Born Again Christian” label was dropped and I was thrown for a loop. See, I followed Doreen’s early work and her angel teachings have always resonated with me. But I hadn’t followed her in awhile as my spiritual growth also took me to new places with new channels so this was quite unexpected to encounter this. I think many feel the way they do because trust was broken. Not only did she align with others for so long on these similar teachings, she is now practically back peddling and telling others they are wrong for it if they don’t convert the way she is. It’s like, yeah, I taught that but just kidding. And like others, I am deeply confused on how she plans to assimilate her angelic teachings with Born Again Christian doctrine. It completely clashes and while she is talking about retracting on one book (ie. Which I own and like) and a set of cards, this christian dogma will not have tolerance for ANY of her prior work. Does she eventually plan to denounce all of her work? I don’t want to stick around for that so I have unfollowed and unsubscribed from her.

I honestly have nothing against working with Jesus too. But I don’t believe in the version the Christian religion peddles from the bible. I think that is an altered and water downed version to the real spiritual teacher who taught to go within to find ‘God’ and did not hold himself on a pedestal above the messages as any Savior. I was raised Catholic and moved away from organized religion and doctrine awhile ago. I use discernment and going back to that would not spiritually enrichen me. Best of luck to Doreen, she can choose her own path but her new direction is not for me.

• Ellen Auchter says:

Yeah, I really wonder if she’ll start writing Bible study guides and things like that? I haven’t watched her “Divine Guidance” video for this week, yet. I’m a little scared since each week she gets further and further into traditional, male-dominated Christianity. This week on Facebook she listed the Bible she uses so all of us can buy it, too!!!

9. jesusismybestie says:

I find this really interesting because I too have “found” Jesus and after 14 years of being a professional psychic, I pretty much stopped doing readings overnight. I think it’s because once you have started to experience a relationship with Jesus – giving predictions to others and possibly influencing their free will just feels wrong. I have suffered anxiety for many years and been exploring spirituality and the psyche since I was a child and nothing (despite current problems) has made me feel so loved and protected. The energy feels so clean and divine that you just don’t need anything else (no disrespect to anyone elses spiritual a path) so I am not personally surprised she is having a radical change of approach because for me it has been the same. Also my mental health has also dramatically improved. When working with other spiritual energies such as tarot, Wicca, goddesses, charms etc – I always felt a little uneasy – like where is this energy or info truly coming from? Does it have my best interests and others at heart? I have had readings myself a where the content a has worried me. One lady told me my pet would die and they did and it was devastating to know I had had advance knowledge but was powerless. Strangely enough I have had a lot of dreams over the years of negative spirits attacking me and I always shouted the lord’s prayer to get rid of them and it worked and this was years before I had an interest in Jesus. I still work with fey sometimes but like Doreen I think they are rather like people – some nice, some not so. And yes – I do understand that it can seem a bit preachy for someone to start getting all Jesusy lol but once you have experienced his love you want other people to have it too x

• Ellen Auchter says:

Maybe this is a new movement that will change the metaphysical world. I don’t mind a blend of Jesus and unicorns, angels, fairies, etc. I have been including “and Jesus and God” when I meditate or pray now, just to cover all the bases! In this week’s video, Doreen said she is currently writing a new book. Will it be about Jesus?

• Ellen Auchter says:

I have been questioning getting psychic readings. I’ve been to a bunch of them and finally found one I like and trust, but even her advice can be off! I also notice a lot card readers are into Wicca, which I steer clear from.

10. Melissa says:

Its made me sad. All the readings now are about christianity and I don’t believe in the validity of them anymore. One told me that I should give time and $ to the church or other such things…
    total turn off.
    I have my own relationship with the J man, but thats after getting rid of the guilt ridden dogma I was brought up with as a catholic child… I thought it was wonderful that she had interdenominational/nondenominational cards etc… now Im confuuuuuused!

• Ellen Auchter says:

LOL, the “J man!” In this week’s video she says she will be keeping holy the Sabbath = not posting anything on social media on Sundays. And not working on anything at home/the rescue ranch. Oh, she also said she might move to a smaller ranch! She said if its cheaper, she’s moving. They have 300 rescue animals on the ranch already!!! She’s said they didn’t realize how expensive it would be for feed, vet bills, etc. I thought they had only lived on the ranch for a few months, but she said it’s been a year. The house on the property is super small and she doesn’t like it. She made it sound like they keep the dogs inside the house? 11 dogs. Maybe she meant inside the house plus a small fenced yard….