Doreen Virtue Bombshell: Now a Christian promoting Jesus

Yesterday on her HayHouse Radio show, Doreen Virtue announced that she is a newly baptized Christian! She grew up in a Christian church, but never got baptized because that church didn’t do baptisms – only christenings. She goes to church every week in Hawaii and had an intense vision of Jesus in church, prompting her to get baptized. She wants to add more Jesus into her metaphysical work. Not sure if she is part of a “born again” Bible-thumping church or something less strict (she didn’t reveal what denomination of Christianity she joined). She said she’ll still work with angels, but she is going to change what she does to be more Christian and more about Jesus.

Oddly, one of the metaphysical healers I follow on Facebook just became a born-again Christian, also! She stopped doing Tarot card readings. Now, she is posting Bible quotes. Must be something in the air…. Likewise, Doreen said she will not be doing prophecy or making predictions. This affects her weekly and yearly card readings on YouTube. These will be changed to something without predictions – more like inspirational counseling with oracle cards (since she sells Tarot cards herself I think she will keep using them – hers have angels on them and aren’t the traditional deck that people complain is too dark/evil). Doreen will now end her videos with a Bible quote or a story about Jesus, etc.  I thought her predictive card reading for the year of 2017 was really good ;( so I’m surprised she is going to stop doing yearly predictions just when the world is getting really interesting!

I was laughing a bit because Doreen said she tried MANY different churches in Hawaii before finding this unnamed one that she got baptized in. I, too, have tried a lot of Christian churches and haven’t stuck with any of them! All churches have dogma/rules and all seem quite concerned with taking your money/donations, IMO. I think part of the New Age is the church falling in popularity and being abolished. The message Jesus had for people (hidden in the lost books of the Bible) was about ending Jewish traditions and rules and finding God within YOURSELF. Did Jesus start a church during his 30-plus years on Earth? Noooooooooo. I don’t even think the idea that Peter was told to start a church (be the rock) is correct. Psychic Sylvia Browne said this passage in the Bible was actually a diss against Peter, who later betrayed Jesus by pretending not to know him when things got dangerous. “Being the rock” meant being dense, like not too smart or spiritually advanced.

Doreen told listeners she will be changing some of her previously published books and card decks. She mentioned the Archangels and Ascended Masters book (my 2nd favorite book of hers after Divine Magic)! And the card deck that goes with it, Ascended Masters Oracle Cards. She will be taking out some of the deities she wrote about and created cards for. The book and card deck will then be re-issued. So which ascended masters get cut???  I think she will keep all the archangels and saints. She said she will still be promoting angels.

The last time I woke up in the middle of the night, I flipped through Archangels and Ascended Masters and found 2 new guides to follow: Ishtar and Lu-Hsing. Ishtar is a sexy goddess (search for my post about her in the search window) and Lu-Hsing helps you get a new job (if you didn’t see my post, I got on Doreen’s radio show a couple weeks ago and she told me I’d get a new environmental job sooooon! Actually, she said by the end of last month, which didn’t happen, but I understand that psychics aren’t 100 per cent accurate 😉 I’m thinking I will get the job by the end of THIS month.) The only god/goddess I would delete is Kali, the destructive Hindu goddess. I’ve never liked the idea of praying/meditating to a destructive force! If she takes out all the non-Christian ones, that’ll be about half the book! I wonder if she will take out Ashtar, the commander of spaceships. He is one of the few alien things she has talked about.

Doreen briefly mentioned fairies and said some are good and some are bad. Uh-oh, maybe some of the Celtic goddesses in Archangels and Ascended Masters will be getting the axe? As a woman, I like that there are goddesses in New Age spirituality 🙂

Doreen told us she’s made a lot of money for various companies and now she wants to think more about what SHE wants to work on, and not be pushing so much product. So far, she announced a new angel course about the history of angels in the Bible. And she has a new Jesus app for your phone. I’m wondering how much she will change the focus of her work and make it Christian?

To me, promoting Jesus is going backwards. I personally am impressed with Jesus. Growing up Catholic, I though about him a lot. I think he is great as far as his healing abilities and his kindness. I see him as a hippie-like friend, very easygoing and nice, with the 1970s long hair and maybe a kaftan robe with a beaded sandalwood cross necklace. He just oozes a nice friend vibe. Read my mini book on Amazon, What Jesus Wants to Tell Us Today by Ellen Auchter for more of my thoughts on him! But I think there are higher level lights/beings that New Agers can work with. Just last weekend, I took an online webinar by friends of the seer Almine. They said the white light we worked with is HIGHER than the golden light of Jesus. This means it’s vibrating at a higher frequency and is even more powerful! I believe it. I also think some of the Atlantean light/teachings/beings are on a higher level than Jesus (sorry, Jesus!).

What do you think?

Advertisements

60 thoughts on “Doreen Virtue Bombshell: Now a Christian promoting Jesus

1. Shaheen Miro says:

I am really fascinated by this whole Doreen Virtue thing… I felt like what you wrote here could be what Doreen is actually going through… “Psychic Sylvia Browne said this passage in the Bible was actually a diss against Peter, who later betrayed Jesus by pretending not to know him when things got dangerous. “Being the rock” meant being dense, like not too smart or spiritually advanced.” Were things getting a little too much for Doreen to be a free agent working for good… maybe she felt she needed to align with a more directed philosophy? I do think going the Christian route is going backwards a bit… at least in the traditional context. I’ve always liked the idea of Christ Consciousness… connecting with the deeper message of Jesus… finding the Divine within. Which was exactly the thing she was sharing before.

Liked by 2 people

• Ellen Auchter says:

I think she must have some personal problems to switch to “the world may be ending and everyone needs to get saved now”! She is slowly changing everything on her Facebook page to Jesus and God and her online radio program this week was too Jesus-y for me. A caller was almost in ecstasy talking about Jesus and her visions of him and just about every caller wanted the Jesus deck! I think Doreen is way too into the Doomsday, fear-based church stuff. I finally deleted the other fairy person on Facebook who also became born-again. she posted that New Age and Halloween stuff are from the Devil. she was throwing out all her oracle cards. maybe psychics are feeling stressed about possible WW3 with North Korea or Syria or ISIS?

• Shaheen Miro says:

What a shock this all is. As someone who works in a similar context I just cannot imagine going into that darkness. It feels so fear-based and corrosive. Sadly, I do think that some sensitive people crack under the pressure, and I cannot imagine being someone like her that works in such a high profile way. The energy and desperation that is sent her way daily is probably a lot to handle. I don’t think I will be following her anymore… not that I was ever a huge follower, but I respected what she was teaching and found some value in it… especially the simplicity that made it accessible for people starting their journey. Most people who have followed her in the past will not be able to separate her change of heart from her work… but I will definitely keep her past stuff in my library. I wonder if there is something cosmically happening that is drawing people back in… it feels like the restraints of Christianity and religion have been loosening and now they are pulling people back in again. Personally, I haven’t had these conversations with my clients… but there seems to be a trend. I guess it all comes down to fear.

Liked by 5 people

2. Elizabeth Tavella says:

I am a bit confused now with all this back and forth of opinions. I was raised a Catholic and later on in life I was interested in all that I could get a hand on for my spiritual growth. I came upon Doreen Virtue last year when my father died and absolutely loved her teachings which helped me get through when this happendTthe fact the she never used fear to talk about God or that you where fallen if you did this or that. I do believe that one must have a righteous path in life so you won’t fall off the wagon and get hurt in your day to day. I believe there is Good and Evil and we should just be careful what we do. Just as we attract the Positive the Negative finds its way..

• Ellen Auchter says:

I’ve praised Doreen on this blog over the years for talking about Jesus when a lot of New Agers will only call him “Sananda” or will only talk about the “Universal Spirit” or something vague and non-Christian like that. But liking Jesus and being born-again are two different things! Every week she is changing her Facebook page and weekly video messages to be more and more Jesus-only. She very rarely uses the word “meditation” anymore. You’ll see she says “prayer” instead. So, now meditating is bad??? Meditation is really the cornerstone of being a metaphysical person, I think. That’s how you connect to the Other Side and get messages. It’s supposed to be much more personal and not a one-way street like rote prayers can be. The last weekly video she did showed her sitting in a field with a big Bible on her lap. How much more Christian is she going to get? And she was wearing a HUGE cross necklace. Is she going to crossover and be the next Joel Osteen?

Liked by 5 people

3. Debbie A Anderson says:

I just heard about the Doreen Virtue’s 360 turn around and wonder (without any judgement) if this has anything to do with her stepping back from less public life via Hay House to more taking her in her own direction. It does sadden me to hear the “Queen of angel cards” dismissing light workers and the amazing work they do in exchange for Jesus… especially now, when we are now being accepted for the work we do in our world. Prayers, meditation, are all just words allowing acceptance based on spiritual/religious beliefs. I have to wonder if this new found direction will have Doreen giving back $$$ to her fans who have made her who she is today, especially with her re-writing some of the many decks she has created to make them more Jesus/Christian acceptable… or maybe this is a new untapped avenue to collate even more revenue? As I share, this is without judgement, but it does make you wonder.

Liked by 2 people

• Ellen Auchter says:

I thought about that, too! She mentioned several times on her HayHouse radio show how hard it was for her to stop touring the country and it was a big life change. Maybe her ego took a hit. Interesting that she is now letting her hair go gray and selling off her goddess dresses. It’s like she was a different person then. Now, she is a frumpy farmhand at her rescue ranch! Which also sends some red flags to me because she is rescuing sooooo many animals that I fear she is an obsessed hoarder. She said awhile ago on her radio show that neighbors complained at her old house about her having more pets than zoning allowed. Every time I watched her weekly video, it was different cats and dogs and birds than in the last one. She often mentioned that she had just gotten another cat/dog/bird that week. That’s one of the reasons they moved. Now they are taking in all kinds of farm animals and it sounds like they just buy them in bulk at the slaughter auctions. They have like 40 full-size meat pigs who are now having baby pigs and they are going to neuter and keep all of them! Which is sweet, but does she really have the money to feed all of these animals for years and years?

Liked by 1 person

• Debbie A Anderson says:

Thank you Ellen. I think the answer to your question about “money” is she has it covered I am sure from her years and years of angel work, tours, courses in her “former” life. I just find it a little self placating that in her latest videos she talks continuously about “saving” the animals. Most people who do philanthropic work, don’t feel a need to keep telling everyone about the wonderful work they do. Again, this is without judgement… but maybe seeing what she is doing now will “wake” us up to “needing” someone to follow. The guru is within us all…always has been (smile).

Liked by 2 people

• Ellen Auchter says:

UPDATE: This week, in her weekly oracle reading now called divinely inspired messages (oracle is now a bad word!), Doreen said the pigs will be available for adoption. People living in Hawaii can adopt one as a pet. This makes me feel a little better 😉

• Denise says:

She has been selling her clothing on eBay as a way to raise funds to feed the animals and periodically puts her courses on her site ( not Hay House) on sale as well to raise money in an effort to feed the ever growing population of animals. 🤔

• theenergyseeker says:

Maybe that’s why there was a shift into Jesus? I definitely believe in the Christ Consciousness.. and that we are connected to each other.. I come from a fear based born again household, where sin was everything.. waking up was tough for me as well.. But Jesus is also used as a name for profit.. and so could that have been a driving force? I know the only thing I do know is that I don’t know.. but I did feel a shift, and I’ve noticed a lot of people who I have followed in my life who were connected and grounded at the same time.. started to post more fear based posts.. just paying attention and curious..

4. advanced says:

I liked Doreen and faithfully listened to her show every week, this whole Christian thing I may have to find an alternative show. The Christian perspective on things is not going to be impartial. — Nothing against christians.

Liked by 1 person

5. Bonnie Mary says:

Yayyyy. I love it. Good on you Doreen. Stand up for what you believe in. We each are individuals and if you are improving your work and found a better way today then you did yesterday, that is growth. I sure am glad you aren’t a people pleaser. I don’t like absolutely all of your products, but a lot of them have really helped me be, I believe, to be a kinder, wiser and more assertive person.I don’t like absolutely everything about my best friends either, we may dress differently, eat different food, have different beliefs and religions, but it doesn’t change my love and admiration for them. Difference does not mean wrong as long as the basic foundation is love and kindness. Judge not that we be not judged. Live and let live and keep sharing the love in the way you feel called. We each shine our lights differently…. thank God, Goodness, Love, Jesus…. whatever and whoever you want to call Love. You rock Doreen, and as you know there will always be gnashers when we do something different. Talking about Jesus is different and will never win any popularity, and I say good on you for standing up for what you believe in, knowing it would lose you popularity. I am glad to see that is not what you are about, ie being popular. As some wise person said, “you can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.” When we stand up for our truth in love, it is expected we will get opposition.

• Ellen Auchter says:

I think Doreen is verrrrry aware of her popularity. She started tightly monitoring comments on her Facebook page BEFORE she announced she’s born-again Christian, so no one can give contrary opinions. She knows all the other born-agains will love her. Those Jesus-loves-me-too posts are allowed on her page. And I get the feeling its her husband who became born-again first, and she is following along meekly. I am all for following Jesus (a great healer!) or being Christian if that’s what you want, but the born-again segments of Christianity are an EXTREMIST religion. They recognize no other religions as being legitimate and are still trying convert Indians in the South American jungles to the “right religion” = theirs. They fear and degrade native shamanism, Halloween (witches!), and followers of Mohammed/Islam.

Liked by 5 people

6. Debbie A Anderson says:

I like to use the word spirituality rather than religion. Spirituality places the emphasis on the well-being of the mind-body-spirit connection. Sadly, in many cases religion is about organized doctrine – which not a judgement. In it’s true definition it is “the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods-commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance”, which works for some people. As I often share, if something works for you, it is not for another to bring about that change, it is for you to discover it and either embrace it or not. What I get a little niggled about is when someone who has followed a pathway for many years, then TELLS another that it is wrong, because THEY have now chosen to change direction. The Crusades, sanctioned by the church killed in the name of God thousands of years ago and that still happens today in some religions. I want to have that FREEDOM to choose, just like Doreen Virtue has done. I don’t deny her new direction, what upsets me is her telling the rest of us that it is wrong not to be Christian. So yes, she will have many disliking this, including me. Her choice on her new direction was hers… so allow us all the same grace without judgement Doreen!!

Liked by 1 person

• Ellen Auchter says:

Usually very spiritual people are VERY openminded! So it’s weird that Doreen has gone backwards and joined in with the Jesus people. I’m sure she’ll be pressured to stop talking about fairies, using Tarot and oracle cards, etc. I even find it problematic that a lot of her male Hay House author friends are gay… what are her new church friends going to say about that?!

7. Mysticaltyger says:

I hadn’t watched Doreen’s videos in a while but I recently started watching them again a think her bigger emphasis on Jesus is a good thing. Sorry, I have to disagree with you about their being higher beings than Jesus. I think there’s a lot of deception when it comes to spiritual things, so I’d watch out for that. I think a lot of New Age people are sincere but deceived. I know that’s true for a lot of Christians, too. Christianity has become corrupted, for sure. But I think the New Age movement replaces one kind of corruption with another. I also wouldn’t quote Sylvia Browne. Sorry, but she was a proven fraud many times.

I recently have put more emphasis on Jesus myself. I guess I’m sort of bron again, although I hesitate to use that word because of the bible thumping connotation / stereotype.

I say, if you haven’t fully and completely given Jesus a chance, please just try it. By that I don’t necessarily mean going to church. I mean praying with your whole heart, mind, and soul. I think you’ll notice a difference.

• Ellen Auchter says:

I have given Jesus many, many chances! LOL. I grew up Catholic. I do love Jesus, but I think he was just ONE prophet/healer that came to Earth. There are so many others: Buddha, Mohammed, Moses. Some of the Catholic saints and Indian gurus are probably at the same level. I have met healers who definitely have the power to heal. John of God in Brazil is a Jesus-level healer, IMO. Being Jesus-only negates the whole feminine side of spirituality and power. The New Age is supposed to balance that and bring in more feminine power.

Liked by 1 person

8. Heather says:

Hi. I just literally found out last night that Doreen Virtue had a complete change of heart after I attempted to watch one of her new videos on Youtube. One of the first differences I took note of was in the title section. She no longer refers to them as Angel Messages for the week, but rather it is toned down to Divine Guidance messages for the Week? Okay. Didn’t read too much of that until I started listening. The first change I encountered was in her tone and style regarding how she spoke of God. Instead of feeling like I was a part of this loving force, I felt like I was being preached at with these undertones to ‘obey God or else.’ Very fear & controlled based energy I was picking up on. Then the “Born Again Christian” label was dropped and I was thrown for a loop. See, I followed Doreen’s early work and her angel teachings have always resonated with me. But I hadn’t followed her in awhile as my spiritual growth also took me to new places with new channels so this was quite unexpected to encounter this. I think many feel the way they do because trust was broken. Not only did she align with others for so long on these similar teachings, she is now practically back peddling and telling others they are wrong for it if they don’t convert the way she is. It’s like, yeah, I taught that but just kidding. And like others, I am deeply confused on how she plans to assimilate her angelic teachings with Born Again Christian doctrine. It completely clashes and while she is talking about retracting on one book (ie. Which I own and like) and a set of cards, this christian dogma will not have tolerance for ANY of her prior work. Does she eventually plan to denounce all of her work? I don’t want to stick around for that so I have unfollowed and unsubscribed from her.

I honestly have nothing against working with Jesus too. But I don’t believe in the version the Christian religion peddles from the bible. I think that is an altered and water downed version to the real spiritual teacher who taught to go within to find ‘God’ and did not hold himself on a pedestal above the messages as any Savior. I was raised Catholic and moved away from organized religion and doctrine awhile ago. I use discernment and going back to that would not spiritually enrichen me. Best of luck to Doreen, she can choose her own path but her new direction is not for me.

Liked by 2 people

• Ellen Auchter says:

Yeah, I really wonder if she’ll start writing Bible study guides and things like that? I haven’t watched her “Divine Guidance” video for this week, yet. I’m a little scared since each week she gets further and further into traditional, male-dominated Christianity. This week on Facebook she listed the Bible she uses so all of us can buy it, too!!!

• WithinReach says:

Hi Ellen…What’s interesting on this thread is that I’m not reading any posts from people who have studied under DV or staffed for her. I fit into both categories. To say that it’s ground breaking for a person to denounce a body of work as large as hers would be an understatement. Many of us feel deeply wounded but most of the wounds come from years of being treated poorly by DV herself. One of my dearest friends works for her now, and the comment about her not allowing any negativity on her “Jesus thread”is 100% accurate. Only Jesus loving followers are allowed to post. This is business sabotage for Doreen that she will never recover from. I would say it’s her choice but I’m not sure she’s thinking clearly. To speak to just a couple of things before signing off…She will only be writing “scripturally” sound work from here forward. Her name will come off ALL of her tarot decks and many of the other decks will stop circulating within a year, as will many books. She will ONLY work w/3 Arch Angels (Michael-Raphael and Gabriel) from now on. The other 12 get the boot. Mediumship is a complete no no so no one who has trained with her should expect support there. She will be offering the “sinners” prayer at the end of most videos in the hopes of saving souls…Maybe the thousands upon thousands of souls she encouraged into New Age thought. Yes, her husband plays an integral part in all of this. No more on that. :/ She is part of the Episcopal Renewal church even though her two ministers are 1. A gay man 2. A female. We’ll see how the evangelical “right” embraces that. Jesus is a remarkable force to be reckoned with. It’s unfortunate that he cannot seem to catch a break. DV has helped countless people over the course of her career but I’m afraid the pain she’s left behind is equal on many levels. As long as the public “buys in” Hay House will support her. When they ditch, Hay House will ditch her too. It’s best for people to follow their own intuition and not look outside themselves for a savior. God is within us. Always has been and always will be….

Liked by 2 people

• Ellen Auchter says:

Yes, I do think Hay House is seeing dollar signs. She is their best author, so why not give her a chance and let her publish a Christian book? I agree that Hay House will be watching sales numbers carefully. I mean, Hay House was 100 per cent metaphysical before this! It seems very disingenuous for them to change tactics and start printing Bible devotionals. I lost respect for them. Is Louise Hay thinking of becoming born-again, or is she just in it for the profits??? I don’t know what the sinner’s prayer is, but I will watch for it! I haven’t finished her new Heart to Heart video for this week (replacing her Divine Weekly Guidance videos – she is using the Jesus deck in the video plus the Bible, so I’m thinking the oracle card readings are OVER). Tell us more from behind the scenes!

9. jesusismybestie says:

I find this really interesting because I too have “found” Jesus and after 14 years of being a professional psychic, I pretty much stopped doing readings overnight. I think it’s because once you have started to experience a relationship with Jesus – giving predictions to others and possibly influencing their free will just feels wrong. I have suffered anxiety for many years and been exploring spirituality and the psyche since I was a child and nothing (despite current problems) has made me feel so loved and protected. The energy feels so clean and divine that you just don’t need anything else (no disrespect to anyone elses spiritual a path) so I am not personally surprised she is having a radical change of approach because for me it has been the same. Also my mental health has also dramatically improved. When working with other spiritual energies such as tarot, Wicca, goddesses, charms etc – I always felt a little uneasy – like where is this energy or info truly coming from? Does it have my best interests and others at heart? I have had readings myself a where the content a has worried me. One lady told me my pet would die and they did and it was devastating to know I had had advance knowledge but was powerless. Strangely enough I have had a lot of dreams over the years of negative spirits attacking me and I always shouted the lord’s prayer to get rid of them and it worked and this was years before I had an interest in Jesus. I still work with fey sometimes but like Doreen I think they are rather like people – some nice, some not so. And yes – I do understand that it can seem a bit preachy for someone to start getting all Jesusy lol but once you have experienced his love you want other people to have it too x

• Ellen Auchter says:

Maybe this is a new movement that will change the metaphysical world. I don’t mind a blend of Jesus and unicorns, angels, fairies, etc. I have been including “and Jesus and God” when I meditate or pray now, just to cover all the bases! In this week’s video, Doreen said she is currently writing a new book. Will it be about Jesus?

• Ellen Auchter says:

I have been questioning getting psychic readings. I’ve been to a bunch of them and finally found one I like and trust, but even her advice can be off! I also notice a lot card readers are into Wicca, which I steer clear from.

10. Melissa says:

Its made me sad. All the readings now are about christianity and I don’t believe in the validity of them anymore. One told me that I should give time and $ to the church or other such things…
    total turn off.
    I have my own relationship with the J man, but thats after getting rid of the guilt ridden dogma I was brought up with as a catholic child… I thought it was wonderful that she had interdenominational/nondenominational cards etc… now Im confuuuuuused!

• Ellen Auchter says:

LOL, the “J man!” In this week’s video she says she will be keeping holy the Sabbath = not posting anything on social media on Sundays. And not working on anything at home/the rescue ranch. Oh, she also said she might move to a smaller ranch! She said if its cheaper, she’s moving. They have 300 rescue animals on the ranch already!!! She’s said they didn’t realize how expensive it would be for feed, vet bills, etc. I thought they had only lived on the ranch for a few months, but she said it’s been a year. The house on the property is super small and she doesn’t like it. She made it sound like they keep the dogs inside the house? 11 dogs. Maybe she meant inside the house plus a small fenced yard….

11. Evelyne says:

Go on facebook and join her new facebook group.. i was shocked and left the group after 4 days.
    I followed her over more than 15 years and was also a student.
    Just join the group and you’ll see…

12. revivewithbhavana says:

Q hi, thank you for sharing your comments about Doreen virtues conversion. I watched a video on it on YouTube recently. I realize, she has her own path, and this is what you feels right to do for herself. I just hope she doesn’t all of a sudden start trying to convert people to Christianity as I do believe, that people have their own path to God and it comes from within themselves, and this is what Jesus taught. Jesus was a healer, and he came as a teacher to show us that we have the power of the divine within us. There is even a line in the Bible, do not concern yourself with the methods of prayer, something like that. I was born a Hindu, but I’m open about any pattern is promoting love and light. It really is just down to love beard isn’t that the only path to God. Hindus believe that your relationship with God is personal, and that it is up to you to formant and understand God. You can be a Hindu and follow Jesus, they believe in whatever form you believe God is in, you can follow that. Anyways, being a Hindu I wanted to correct you about your misunderstanding about Goddess Kali. A similar God to her is Shiva, God of distraction. Just like in Christianity, there is a Trinity – the creator, the preserver, and the destroyer. Godess Kali is actually a powerful goddess to help to you destruct your ego. She helps you to master yourself, and not be a slave to the ego. At times we need to create, we need to do preserve, and we need to destruct. Kali is the goddess of the night, and she helps you with your shadow self, again, to destruct or release what is no longer needed, that takes you away from supreme enlightenment. I hope that you have received a better understanding of what the Hindu gods and goddesses are about, at least the ones I mentioned. There are a lot of misconceptions out there, and I thought I would clear it up from somebody who is born into and studied Hindu philosophy, it is more a philosophy and way of life than a religion. These are just demigods. Hindus believe God is the nameless and formless presence that is in each of us. It is kind of like the Catholic Holy Spirit. All religions are actually quite alike. I hope Doreen continues just to advocate peace and love amongst all people, the last thing the world needs a division. Thank you for reading.

Liked by 2 people

• Ellen Auchter says:

Thanks for the Kali info. I always think its so great that Hindus are free to add other gods from other religions into their spiritual practice! I was following an Indian guru/healer for awhile and he always said to us, “Pray to whatever God you follow.” He never pressured us to be Hindu! I try to learn about the Hindu gods, but it’s confusing. Can you explain Ganesh? I know he breaks down obstacles in your path. Did you celebrate his feast week? I saw that it was in August. Sadly, I think Doreen is going to try to convert people to Bible-thumping Christianity as she said in last week’s video that she is “saved” and that THE ONLY path to God is through Jesus. She started a Facebook group called New Agers Transitioning to Christianity.

Liked by 2 people

• revivewithbhavana says:

Ganesh is the remover obstacles. Many Hindu deities have an animal associated with them, and a heavyset Ganesh rides a rat. I forget the story, but somehow, Shiva killed Ganesh his son, (chopped off his head) but he was granted a boon (gift) from God, that the first animal crossed his path, he would be able to take its head and put it Ganesh. And that was an elephant. So he became the elephant headed God, showing off those can be removed. What people may not know is, Shiva held the secrets to blissful love making that leads to enlightenment, Tantra (he purifies the kundalini – sexual, creative life force energy from base of spine to crown chakra for enlightenment & connection with God) His wife the Durga got these secrets out of him one they were lovemaking. Their son Ganesh was hiding behind the curtains, they did not know, so he took the secrets and wrote them into the Tantra and a gifted them to humanity. Lastly, Hinduism can be conservative, but there are certain sects that honor the tantra – revere shakti (the female life force that sparks kundalini) as prayer and meditation & then there is the sensual aspect which is intended for couples. Anyways, here is a little bit more about Hinduism, it is a vast religion, that is cool you got to understand about it. That is too bad about Doreen, she always did have a conservative part about her, maybe she is trying to fit in with the new community now that she moved to the big Island, or maybe she fears something, or maybe she was call to connect with Christians who would have otherwise been turned off by her message. Who else. I wish her well. Interesting, I moved to Kauai in April, and I haven’t been following her show because of the time zone, it comes early in the morning when I meditate. And I thought to myself, maybe I don’t need this anymore, I needed to lean on it when I lived in more stressful life in California, but things are very peaceful in Hawaii, just the spiritual energy will heal you. There will always be open minded people here on the islands!

13. trc says:

I just watched a youtube video where she said she is going to an Anglican Church. This does not surprise me, as Anglicans tend to be a pretty robust group that caters to a lot of different views and beliefs (I grew up in that church, my mom is a priest in the Anglican church as well). I think all that happened, after listening to her youtube explanation, is that she came back to a belief she’s always had. I know ppl don’t like to hear this, but I think this is her authentic self – this is some people’s truth, and a big part of their journey to the authenticity they determined they’d live in before coming here. I respect it, though I don’t prescribe to it. Good for her.

• Ellen Auchter says:

Yeah, she seems very comfortable being Christian. But I feel like she is re-writing history a bit now…she’s been saying in her recent videos that she “used to teach about angels” and now she teaches about Jesus…what about the years of teaching about fairies and unicorns and goddesses??? But maybe she’s always been a bit more Christian than she let on.

14. Robert Alvarez says:

Good evening. First, thank you for this post about Doreen Virtue.

For the record, I AM not only a professional Psychic, but I AM also a Happily-Recovered-Catholic. I have an InterFaith mindset, but my faith is of the Magickal kind, what is commonly, albeit somewhat incorrectly referred to as Wicca.

I AM neither upset nor angry with Doreen Virtue about her decision, simply disappointed. Especially since I never found her to be “preachy” and well, I have no reason to have someone “preach” to me.

I AM open to listening to anyone who feels that I can improve my life, but if that person is going to start with “well, the only way…” then that sounds to me like someone who is judging me, or even prejudging me and well, frankly, too many people count on me to be balanced, focused and grounded, and I really have no desire to put up with that, “well, do this the RIGHT way, or else…”

I AM all for anyone following the Spiritual Path that makes them feel at peace with all of life, and empowered and free, but I cannot support anyone who believes there is only one way to God, or one way to be in life. There are people who practice or practiced that philosophy. If memory serves, Adolf Hitler was one of them, but I digress.

My clients come to me because of how accurate my Readings are, and they respect my professionalism and my Spirituality. My recommendations to my clients are a combination of practical and “outside of the box,” but I certainly do not believe in forcing anyone to do as I say; not only is that not my mode of being, but everyone is different, and what works for me, may not work for another.

In closing, I know that I currently do not feel comfortable using any of Doreen Virtue’s Oracle Card Decks, which, of course, has given me an opportunity to work with other Oracle Card Decks; although the vast majority of my clients come to me for Intuitive Card Readings, primarily using the Tarot, I know that there are other people who create Oracle Card Decks.

Incidentally, in spite of being a Happily-Recovered-Catholic, I actually enjoy talking to and reading about Jesus, although I have been Divinely Guided to refer to Him as Yeshua the Anointed One. The reason I rarely, if ever, discuss Him publicly is, well, this whole hullaballoo about Doreen Virtue, and others, who become born-again Christians and then focus on Him and the Bible exclusively, yet denouncing so many other Sacred Tools and Spiritual Paths.

Liked by 1 person

15. Angelica says:

Personally, I thought she was already a Christian! She can convert to whatever she wants, but that doesn’t change the fact that she has always seemed unstable to me. I just get a yucky saccharine (fake sweet) vibe from her. Hope she finds what she’s looking for though.

Liked by 4 people

• rubylake1 says:

I’m with you Angelica on this one, plus she is a smart business woman with a saccharine vibe…so who knows which ever way the wind blows…

16. Noreen Swartzberg says:

Doreen \s change has come as a shock to a lot of people, But we all move at sometime or the other I think she has taken a very drastic step in her life, To me working with the masters Angels A/Angels is one of the most wonderful ways of spending your life. I work with lord Jesus as well as a few more and He has NEVER communicated to me to move away from what i do. in fact i get a lot of support from all the Ascended Beings , Working in and with the White, Gold and Viloet Light is only a small part of my life , Doreen I wish you lots of Joy happiness and Spiritual Growth in the way you go forward. Thank you too for thr wonderful books cards CD’s you have given to us all

17. Whitelightninja says:

Let’s talk a little bit today about Jesus. There are many that believe if you are into the new age, have psychic gifts, and practice meditation that you can’t
    Believe in and follow Jesus without being labeled a crazy brainwashed born again. But nothing could be further from the truth. If you are a psychic medium that can Channel its 100% possible to believe in Jesus and his teachings if you seek him sincerely without sounding like a brainwashed religious person because he is one of the easiest persons to Channel! Critical thinking & discernment needed. He teaches enlightenment; how to ascend and also how to overcome your ego. Following his teachings is the simplest recipe for a happy peaceful life where you don’t have to worry about bad karma or blocked chakras. Of course if it were easy we would all be living in a state of bliss but no…it can take many lifetimes of figuring out through your own free will that you should be nice to people and treat everyone with compassion and respect and to heal to and learn your lessons. Ive seen a few of my past lives so that’s why I believe this. He and the Buddha all tell us we could do what they could do and teach us how to ascend that we were made in the same image and could perform miracles. The more I embrace Hinduism and my psychic abilities the more I see Jesus as one of the greatest enlightened avatars Guru’s and Shaman’s that performed miracles and had the gift of healing. God in human body. Hinduism tells us we are all god….and to seek the god within. I just don’t think he’s the only one he is however one of my principle spirit guides and I’ve been shown a super important being. He’s Jesus to me not Yeshua ….I think there are many teachings that are missing from the Bible. I could never in a million years believe woman came from a rib no we all came out of a woman’s vagina !!!! I could never believe god would see woman as inferior either so I am very drawn to the divine feminine principle. Those in the new age community that practice Reiki all know Reiki was founded off of the inspirations and teachings of Jesus Google the story of Mikao Usui and his inspiration. After years of trying to heal myself studying and applying psychology and learning about the science of meditation and energy while simultaneously having mystical experiences I feel more and more like Jesus’s teachings are the way. The combination of meditation shamanic healing psychology and living his teachings have dramatically changing my life.

I am not religious but I love the heck out of Jesus !!!!!!!! I feel I am a true Christian because I do my best to follow Christ teachings and spend my time living in love, compassion, kindness and right loving but trust me I’ve been a lost sinner ! I don’t believe in hitting people over the head with how many bible verses they know. People need to feel gods love not just hear about it.

Liked by 1 person

18. carly says:

I have also been disapointed about her change in polutical discussions. She used to encourage people to go to rallys and ptotests anf before the women’s marches recommended people stay home 😦

19. Cindy says:

I am disappointed she took her 2017 card reading down and I have to question if Jesus would really tell her to give up everything she has done to this point and more or less abandon her products and the people she has helped. I do Reiki and regularly work with Jesus and the Virgin Mary and never have I received a message that this isn’t love and light. I agree with what others have said that if you think there is only one way this is a problem. What about Buddha, Yogananda, Krishna? There are so many enlightened beings that have walked this earth and there are many now as well. I think Eckhart Tolle is enlightened, I have been to his retreat and his energy is amazingly peaceful. I cannot follow Doreen anymore because I see this as a backward move for her. Instead of opening to the world she is closing every door but the bible. I’m not sure how this is different than what we are experiencing on a global level right now but instead of running back to the “old ways” we are being called to embrace the oneness of all life.
    I wish her well on her journey but I need to part ways with her as I feel called to step out in acceptance to all and help people find their own path not My path. Maybe she is being called to only bring people to Jesus now I guess I don’t know but it no longer resonates with me. Love and Light to all!!

Liked by 1 person

20. Silvia says:

Hi Louise Hays passing and talk about Doreen Virtue denouncing tarot brought me here. With regards to Kali ma I think she’s a great Goddess, her destructive elements are actually positive energies, in that she helps us destroy and manage our ego side. I think she’s also about the impermanence of the world and our changing emotions, that everything will eventually be destroyed and we can learn to remain unattached to things like people and beliefs. Thanks for sharing.

Liked by 1 person

21. Cat says:

Doreen Virtue has been channeling higher relms for years. If she was intuitively told to get babtised and it changed her, we should all have enough common sense to see this as a True sign. Jesus is in charge of all, like it or not. But…… Not the Jesus of Redneck pastor churches but the Real Jesus, the forgiving Jesus. The one that says if you belive in him you are forgiven, help others & spread the word. Love All people from all the world. Fear Not.

22. Maschia Yashibura says:

I’m so glad Dorren has finally found the truth. I too used to be into everything New Age.You name it, I was into it at some point in my life: Astral projection (I even had my own astral plane Guide who would be waiting for me in my room as I left my body at night), spells, Buddhism, chanting, I Ching, meditation,Tolle, channelling, divination, astrology and on… and on… and on… you get the picture.

Long story short: still seeking spiritually, I was initiated into an Afro Cuban cult in Cuba. 3 years of sickness and lethargy followed. On a bed of suicide, as an absolute last resort (I tried everything else I could think of and I HATED anything to do with Christianity or church) I called on Jesus Christ.

Over the next 4 months Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit showed me that all of those things I was into were as child’s play to Him. And if I wanted Supernatural… well … he IS the supernatural. He showed me he was (and is) the way, the truth and the life. During that time among many other experiences, it all led to a life changing, supernatural personal encounter with the living God Himself, Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ healed me from my sickness completely. I have never been the same since that day. If you think the New Age has all the answers, take it from me, it doesn’t.
    Jesus Christ is not about religion and compulsory church attendance and dogma. Jesus hates all of that. Jesus is about relationship with him and coming to know him. Just ask him sincerely. He’ll show you the way.

23. Anita says:

I just think about Anne Rice and her journey from horror writing to religious and back again. Seems to me to be the same type of energy. Its more a personal journey for her and since she is in the limelight everyone sees it. Doesn’t mean it will stay that way. I am thinking it might be a balancing act and it will settle down to whatever type of energy and there it will stay. Just my opinion.

• Ellen Auchter says:

Oh, I forgot about Anne Rice. I meant to read her Jesus book, but it’s very long! I didn’t know she gave up being Christian/part of a Christian church. I see online that she decided being Christian made her sound anti-gay and anti-birth control, and she didn’t want that. It’s too bad there isn’t a very liberal Christian church that is pro-women rights. Some SAY they are, but it’s never quite true IMO.

24. Brandy says:

I have always adored Doreen but I find her recent changes a bit like a slap in the face. I do not have an issue with Jesus I say the more the merrier. BUT it seems like she is doing a 180 on her previous teachings etc. So now prophecy and tarot etc are all “bad”? I thought that being able to see the future as a gift from our creator not something to shun. Why cant you love your new relationship with Jesus and still keep with what you have been doing? I found the Angels because of her but now feel abandoned. I will continue my path without Doreen. I had plenty of negative church experiences etc growing up , so no thanks.

25. Linda says:

I am with Doreen….i was brought up christian…but as an adult used cards and other new age type stuff as my spiritual tools…..but recently myself I gave my heart back to Jesus….i support her and she has further inspired me in my walk with Christ I think it’s awesome…anyhow God bless everyone here…and Doreen as well…

26. Jed says:

To me a big limitation in both Christianity and the “New Age” is people forgetting their own innate oneness with God/Source Consciousness/Energy. The original “Jesus” teachings from the Gnostic and Essene sects were more aligned with teaching people of their own innate divinity, using Jesus as an archetypal character to illustrate our own potential of unifying our consciousness with God. Instead people keep looking for some external personified being or teacher to follow – whether it is the Christian idea of Jesus or new age “ascended masters” and “angels.” Encounters with “Jesus” usually have little to do with any historical person related to that image, but are imagery based upon our individual and cultural associations with that character, which are meaningful to people; Jesus represents one’s “Higher Self,” healing, mastery, forgiveness, love, and other high vibrational energies. Yet we don’t need that personified image to access those energies once we awaken to a greater truth – though for many people that image is a needed part of their experience based upon where they are on their path.

27. kenstories1 says:

I don’t get it. I think, although sincere, she sounds misguided. She is creating divisions where none exist. Everything is ONE THING. Angels, Masters, Jesus, you name it, are waves, faces, portals entrance ways in an infinite ocean. Choose your lens, your reference point. If Jesus works for you at this time, great. But to disparage other reference or contact points to God or Source is to show immaturity. Hey, to each their own. Its a free will Universe. If she no longer works for you, let her go. Spirit will always provide. I personally am NOT interested in a meaningless journey (to me) of historical explorations of angels. Who cares? Rather I would talk to them now and get their guidance. They are just aspects of Spirit anyway. God set it up this way for a reason. Who am I to question the structure? I just use it. God flows through everything. Its called “Source” for a reason.

28. Juniper says:

As the owner of a metaphysical store for more than 30 years, My viewpoint is that all paths lead to enlightenment. I try to present all options to my customers, and let them choose what feels right to them. Doreen Virtue has been one of our most popular authors for several years and she has to be wealthy from the royalties of the sales of millions of books and decks. Her products have been placed in the prime locations in the store for several years, but I am slowly letting her stock dwindle and plan to begin featuring other authors/artists who are not proclaiming their work to now be fraudulent. I respect the teachings of Jesus, but I also honor all pagan, goddess and eastern paths equally. None has the exclusive on enlightenment and all have something to contribute. Likewise, the world of fantasy has been a delight and source of entertainment and escape for me and most of my customers since childhood. I think we can all coexist with Jesus, but Doreen seems to have lost sight of that very important principle.

29. Shi says:

The church she has joined probably wants to use her to bring more members into their FOLD! MONEY TALKS!!!… I smell more money!..more MONEY! and MORE MONEY!

• Ellen Auchter says:

Has Doreen said which church she’ll be in after she moves to the mainland? I don’t think she’ll be able to promote a particular church because she said she wants to be private now and not tell us/her followers what state she is living in.

30. Loretta Billingsley says:

I feel completely abandoned by DV. I’ve followed her for years, bought lots of her books, decks and online courses. I even tried to hang with her as she progressed with her conversion. Then one of her weekly YouTube videos suggested watching Charles Stanley and his weekly church service. That was the nail in the coffin. I found Colleen Lemma’s weekly reading and now follow her.

I wish DV all the best but I just can’t support her anymore.

• Ellen Auchter says:

haha, I looked up Charles Stanley, too! Old, super conservative guy. I fast forwarded through Doreen’s weekly video last Sunday to see if she’d mention anything about her move. She didn’t. It was really unwatchable for me – completely Biblical, like believing every word in the Bible is true. Very weird how much she has changed 😦

31. Loretta Billingsley says:

I kept looking for this video and was never able to find it. It explains a lot. I was raised a Catholic and this is why I was probably attracted to her work in the first place. I’ll post the link but it might get scrubbed or removed. I understand a little more fully WHY she reversed course back to a traditional form of Christianity. And she seems to ask forgiveness for veering people off their paths who followed her prior to this conversion. That’s a slap in the face for sure, especially after the millions she made off books and decks. And being that I was raised Catholic, there is some resonance to the fear based “demons, Hell” language that she is now using. But she also mentions that with this conversion, she gets more acceptance from the southern part of the USA or the “Bible Belt” and from San Francisco. Being that I was born, raised, and still live in the south, Atlanta specifically which is highly accepting of the LGBTQ Community, I bristle at her words because the south is also the home to “hell, fire and damnation” Christianity, extreme judgement of anything and anyone who is NOT Christian, and who every Saturday morning, are knocking on my door with pamphlets and invitations to go to their church. I suppose what it comes down to is that I have to find my own way. It will be an amalgam of Catholicism and New Age, which is why I resonated with Doreen in the first place. But unlike the Prodigal Son (my heart says to me ‘Prodigal Daughter’ which of course is accepting of my being a woman), I can’t go back. Thanks for helping me get to this understanding and posting here! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SSzoATQ-dyo